I think I just had the purest and most adorable weekend spent at a dog cafe. Yes, that’s right. A cafe where you can *gasp* PET DOGS!
Welcome to the Barkin’ Blends Dog Cafe who believes that the bond between hoomans and doggos enhances the life of every person and dog — and we agree!
Located at The Brick Road, Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall in Cainta, Rizal, the place offers a variety of food and drinks and a stay at their Dog Zone.
Food: Since food are not allowed inside the Dog Zone, we decided to eat our food first at the cafe area. They offer sandwiches, burgers, pasta dishes, and chicken meals (the salted egg chicken wings is a must try!) Price ranges from P150 – P300.
Drinks: A variety of drinks are available: from milk tea to frappes to lemonades. Price ranges from P100 – P200. It seems like their frappes are allowed inside the dog zone, from what I’d observed.
What’s cute is that the meals are also named after the in-house dogs.
I was too distracted with the dogs and my hunger to take pictures of our food! (I could see the doggos through the glass sliding door from the table we were eating at)
The fee to get into the Dog Zone is P180 for 2 hrs which you won’t have to pay if you don’t plan to stay with the doggos and are just there for the food (but why would you do that?).
Rules (a few that I could remember):
1. Have to wash your hands before entering the dog zone. They have a staff which makes sure of this
2. No food allowed inside the dog zone but it seems like drinks are allowed and could be ordered from inside. They have a dedicated staff who look after the dogs intensely so don’t even think about giving the dogs a lick off your frappe
3. If a dog is asleep, you may not wake them simply so you could take a selfie, don’t be that person
4. You may not carry the dogs. You may simply sit near them and pet them. Let them come to you, they usually enjoy sitting at visitors’ laps
5. Do not hurt or startle the dogs, of course. Be gentle when petting them
6. Use the lockers provided and don’t leave your belongings unattended. No additional fee needed to avail of the lockers, it’s for everyone. They’ll also provide slippers. To keep the Dog Zone clean, shoes are left at the locker area
7. Children below 12 years old are required to have an adult with them
8. Since the cafe dogs are actual residents, you may not bring your dog
9. No flash photography
10. Don’t go there sick
Tip: Dogs are sleepy in the late afternoon. It’s best to enter the Dog Zone as soon as the cafe opens at 12nn.
What I love is the Dog Zone actually smells great and is super clean. It’s obvious that the dogs love the staff and that they are not being forced to do whatever they don’t want to. The staff also cleans up after the dogs immediately (they don’t let pee or poop sit there for longer than a minute).
Oh, and before heading home, grab a souvenir!
With good food and good dogs, what more could you ask for?
Smell ya later,
Hours: 12nn to 9pm (closed on Tuesdays)